Cypress West Program Overview
Cypress West Intensive Outpatient is a substance abuse and mental health treatment program located in Naples, Florida. Intensive outpatient treatment is unique in that it provides a comprehensive and effective treatment experience while clients continue to live at home in their community.
At Cypress West we have developed a clinical model that perfectly complements the intensive outpatient treatment framework. In our humble opinion, the treatment industry as a whole has shown poor results in effectively treating addiction. Our clinical model is our answer to that; we believe we can do better.
Our model is:
- Comprehensive - Treats your mental, emotional, and physical well-being, all of which are the primary targets of a substance use problem.
- Effective - It is our attention to every detail of the treatment process from admissions to successful completion that makes the difference.
- Proven - Our model utilizes evidenced-based practices proven to overcome the problems they were developed to treat.
But the model in and of itself is not enough, it requires professional and effective addictions and mental health practitioners to deliver it. At Cypress West we have meticulously sought to employ only the best therapists and specialists whose passion and clinical effectiveness are equal to the superior model they are administering.
We believe it is this combination which truly sets our program apart from others. In reviewing our website, if you aren’t convinced of the same, please call one of our admissions specialists to learn more about how Cypress West Intensive Outpatient can change your, or your loved one’s life.
Length of Program
One of the most consistent research findings related to effective substance abuse treatment outcomes is length of treatment. The longer a client can stay in the treatment process the more likely it is they will achieve lasting change from their substance use problems.
Our complete Model consists of 3 phases, lasting up to 24 weeks. We encourage all clients to commit to, and engage in all 3 phases, as this will truly give them the best chance at success.
Phase 1 is the Intensive Outpatient phase. This phase lasts 8 weeks and is 10 hours of combined group and individual therapy per week. Phase 1 is where the bulk of our clinical model is delivered. Clients become immersed in a process of discovering the nature of their addiction, and are given the skills and strategies to overcome it
Phase 2 is considered the Outpatient phase of treatment. This phase lasts 4 weeks and consists of between 3 and 4 hours of combined group and individual therapy per week. In this phase our clients continue to implement strategies learned in treatment with a decreasing amount of clinical support, encouraging ever more personal responsibility with an emphasis on interdependent recovery leveraging the local recovery community.
Phase 3 is considered the Aftercare phase of treatment. This phase lasts up to 12 weeks and consists of 1 to 2 hours of group and/or individual therapy. Phase 3 is characterized by practice. Clients in phase 3 are practicing recovery, and life skills necessary to recover, receiving weekly therapeutic support and guidance from their phase 3 counselors in conjunction with the support they are receiving from the natural support system they have established in the community.
Successful Completion of Treatment
A client who has successfully completes all 3 phases of treatment at Cypress West Intensive Outpatient will have achieved the following:
- An understanding of the physical, emotional, mental and social aspects of the addiction process as it relates to their experiences and lives.
- Clarity and acceptance of their substance use and the problems it has created in their lives.
- An understanding of the underlying causes and factors in their personal addiction story.
- An understanding of the process of change and recovery as it relates to their substance use.
- Development of a change plan that comprehensively addresses personal aspects of their addiction process.
- Ability and willingness to execute the change plan both during and beyond treatment.
- Internalization and integration of a change process that will not only enable the client to achieve long term abstinence from substances, but to achieve health and wellness in many aspects of their lives.