Many of those in the criminal justice system have had a long history of psychosocial problems that have contributed to their substance abuse, such as:1
- Interpersonal difficulties with family members
- Difficulties in sustaining long-term relationships
- Emotional and psychological problems and disorders
- Difficulty managing anger and stress
- Lack of education and vocational skills
- Problems finding and maintaining gainful employment
Casey is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and Certified Addictions Professional (CAP). Casey has completed focused course work on the physiological aspects of drug addiction and human psychology, as well as received extensive training on the treatment of co-occurring disorders.